Wednesday 10 October 2012

Profanities in Interactions

Call me weird or whatever you like but I don't swear! I hate it with a passion. I'm like a little child that would ideally like to cover my ears when I hear words of the like. I don't know why this is..? All I can put it down to is when I was a kid my dad hounded me for using words like "bum" (that was too rude to say) and "arse", but these days I don't know, I just don't do it still!

For this weeks post I commented on Josh's blog 'Exploring Profanities in Interactions'. He raises some very interesting points as to both the positive and negative effects of swearing in different contexts. He also has evidence of external research where he found an article which outlines the use of 2 particular profanities in the Australian trade work place.

His blog is very well written and easy to follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment