Friday 21 October 2011

Goodbye Iraq War.. Hello Technology War

Hi I'm Elise and I'm not a massive apple fan and yep you heard me right.. I'm not a massive apple fan. You know when you look around class and you see that one token PC user.. Yep that's me! and it's not that I have my laptop from High School and it just needs upgrading.. I just bought a new laptop that wasnt a Mac. Ok so yes I know how to use a PC better than I do a Mac but I honestly have little interest in purchasing a Mac.

So you ask what about my phone...? I swore I would never get an iPhone but yes I do have an iPhone and the only reason that I have one is that I wasn't given an option... Why did I have no option you ask...? Long story short.. My phone company had to pay out my contract but the terms was that I couldn't change mobile companies and my only option for a phone (other than my old one that cause them to have to pay out the plan in the first place) was an iPhone. So I was definitely forced into this one.

Having said that I'm not a massive Mac user I do own an iPod touch (couldnt tell you the last time I used it as I now use my Phone) and I do use iTunes and without these the way in which we listen to music would be so different.. We may still even use our discmans (Haha in writing this my computer has not recognised the word 'discman' and thinks its spelled incorrectly) that are pushed up the back of our wardrobes somewhere.

But enough about my ranting... (and if you think I'm ranting this guy takes ranting to a whole new level... I just came across this when searching for info on Macs and PCs) {WARNING.. Explicit language used and may offend some of the Mac users out there..}

We all know about the "technology wars" between Google and Apple and even Microsoft where it is really a battle of the technologies and companies in order to be number one in the digital world.

.

Yes its great to have that healthy competition and to further company goals and objectives but  if they are all coming up with the technologies, selling the proposed number of products and making a profit does it matter so much? At the end of the day it comes down to our opinions and preferences as the users!

Are you more of a Mac or PC user? iPhone or Android user? Why do you have these preferences and what is your opinion on the technology wars?

7 comments:

  1. Elise, you say that you were forced into having an iPhone but do you think that now you would be able to change to any other device? I too never thought I would fall into the Apple vortex but now that I have an iPhone and have become used to it I doubt I would ever be able to purchase something else..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've finally found a PC user!!

    In all of my tutorials I see everyone getting out their Macs, personally I hate them!

    Thye might look cool, but I still fail to see the purpose in their ridiculous amount of features. I find it even more ridiculous that pretty much after buying one, you immediately fall behind in the latest upgrade anyway!


    I had the option of an iphone or a nokia. And at the time, I chose a nokia because I was adamant in having a phone with buttons. While I regret it now, at the time I think I was overwhelmed at having to learn how to use an iPhone, when my trusty nokia is so simple and easy to use, and can be dropped a million times and still work perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corryn, I actually think that I could purchase another type of phone. I really don't mind my iPhone but I'm always open to change and would definately consider purchasing something different in the future. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't call myself a PC fan, but it is what I am comfortable with, so I don't see any reason to change. My HP does everything I want it/need it to do, and only screws up on occasion, but it's never anything more than what a good old CTRL+ALT+DELETE can fix.

    And I just got an iPhone, if anything it has made me become more reliant on my phone, but I think I could go back to my old Nokia, or SE, without any trouble. I have, though, vowed not to fall victim to Apple's marketing campaigns of releasing virtually the same thing many times (3g, 3gs, 4, 4s).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a PC user simply because that is what I have at home. I have no opinion about smartphones and which one is better since I don't have one per se. Shocker.

    I do have an internet enabled phone, but it is a simple phone with an actual keypad. What puts me off upgrading to an iPhone? The fandom of the users who use it. When I see thousands of people on the news lining up overnight for a phone that it 0.05% different to the last one they spend $400 on, I choose not to be associated with that product in any way. But that's just me.

    It's funny really. It seems Google with their Adroid system is really going after the "Be Different" market, something that Apple had to do when trying to break into the world of PC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Robert here, the absurdity of people lining up to get an iPad 2, only slightly different to its predecessor and double the price, is just incomprehensible to me.

    I don't think there are any real losers in the Apple Vs Google war. It is us, the consumers, who are being ripped off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm actually really neutral to this when it comes to PC and Mac. One of the reason is because I have never owned a Mac, not even an iPhone, but I do however own a Blackberry(that's a whole different story). It's crazy yet amazing to see to revolutions and wars between Apple and Android. And you're right, at the end of the day, it comes down to the user, whether which laptops/ tablets/ phones suits them the most and the practicality.

    ReplyDelete